N type right angle speedo drive

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net, mg.terryandrews@btinternet.com (Terry Andrews)
Subject: N type right angle speedo drive
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:17:44 EST
Cc: MMMGservice@aol.com
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gents, The speedo on the N has a right angle gear drive, that's the gearbox
I'm talking about.....its screws onto the main gearbox with a BSF 9/16 gland
nut.  The speedo cable connects to this right angle gear box and then goes up
the speedo.  Some cars dispense with the right angle drive and have the cable
come right out of the main gearbox and go to the speedo.  I have the right
angle arrangement.  Then the metal cover that covers the U joint and the back
part of the main gearbox has a hole in it for the right angle unit....but the
gland nut is down in there and pretty much inaccessible....thats the question
... how to tighten and loosen it after all is assembled!???
Terry in Oakland
NA0613