RE: door hinges on PA

To: <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: door hinges on PA
From: "Gill.Morbey" <gd.morbey@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:37:59 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don

So far as I know the hinges are fitted against the wood of the post and the
door itself.  That's certainly how Steve Gilbert finished my car.

Note:  the door sheetmetal is not cut off flush with the slot into which the
hinge locates.  Instead this piece (approx 1/4" X the height of each hinge
slot) is peened over outwards so that it sits at 90 degrees to the door and
flush with the hinge (which of course is also at 90 degrees to the door
panel)

Hope this makes some sort of sense!

Regards
Dick Morbey
PA0743 (just getting ready for Silverstone)