NA vs. TC head light brackets

To: mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: NA vs. TC head light brackets
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:00:46 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Gents, I just bought an unfinished TC project from the widow of the gent who
disassembled my NA in 1960.  When I got it, after passing through 4 other
hands, it had a pair of head light brackets with it that would not fit no
matter
how I tried.  Finally scored a pair of NA brackets from Don Wasserman who
hadn't used them on his NA boy racer.  Then the wings would fit, just barely.

Last week while picking up the TC, I found a box of N type bits including the
two head light brackets and the original speedo cable with gearbox attached.
I've photographed the N brackets along side the TC brackets to show the
difference...its subtle but significant!!  If anyone would like to see this
comparison, let me know and I'll email you the photo.

One of those little MG things that drive one nutz!!

Happy Holidays!
Terry