Re: side valences- PA color and construction

To: DB35PA@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: side valences- PA color and construction
From: Cnowlan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:54:33 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don,

    I've tried to research the side valence paint issue  in regards to my L2
( also duo red) and believe that the side valences as well  as the front
splash apron, gas tank & spare tire rack  were light red  while the headlamps,
winglamps and headlamp & wing brackets were dark  red.  This is based on
looking
at the tone differences in lots of period B  & W photos.  I can't say for
certain on the side valences but the front  valance is surely light red
contrary to
the way most folks handle it.   Also, the remaining original paint on my side
valences was light red.  Having said that, as it is chassis # 002 some of
these details could have been  changed on later cars including all P-types.
Any
one have any real  evidence to the contrary?

    I wouldn't worry about extra steps to preserve the  wood unless you're
planning on using the car as a daily driver...year round!

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan