Re: PA with supercharger

To: DENKLEMM@aol.com
Subject: Re: PA with supercharger
From: Cnowlan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:59:56 EST
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dennis,

       The Arnott superchargers were always less than reliable.  They are a
small centric type (I've only seen one size) and they are certainly on the
small side if you want decent boost. Most of these were originally used (
brieifly) on T-types.
       You would be better off with a Rootes type.  A J100 Marshall makes for
a nice bit of kit and these are not impossible to find, particularly in the
UK.
       If you really like the  idea of a Centric type vane blower, Doris
Goguen has a NOS circa 1933 "Jameson-Gillett" unit that looks nearly
identical to a "Powerplus".  It's really more suitable for an accurate
C-type/J4 replica. I believe she would like to get about $1750.00 for it.

Cheers,
Chris