RE: Petrol pipes

To: "'Gerhard Maier'" <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>, <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Petrol pipes
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:51:11 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gerhard,

I'm looking to find a tool such as you describe. The only pipe flaring
tool I can find is like I already have. It's capable of making a single,
double, or bubble flare.

What is the type of flare called that you describe? Also, does anyone
know a source for this tool?

Regards,
Lew Palmer

Talking about originals; dont use solder-on end-unions on a petrol pipe,
on
our cars originally the pipe-ends were turned up to make the needed cone
with the pipe-material itself, by using a special tool, which you find
sometimes at plumpers or brake-pipe makers.