Alu Diff

To: "'mg-mmm@autox.team.net'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alu Diff
From: WELTER Norbert <NORBERT.WELTER@airport.etat.lu>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:56:32 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
        -----Original Message-----
        From:   David Stansbie [SMTP:David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk]
        Sent:   jeudi 20 dicembre 2001 16:15
        To:     MMM

        I'm about to supercharge the J2 which has a standard
        two star diff with an aluminium nosepiece.  I've heard
        that a Morris 8 diff is stronger and fits the J2 banjo
        casing. Has anyone any experience of this or know of a
        source of Morris 8 diffs? Thanks.

        I have been told about those aluminium diffs not being strong enough
since the early eighties, but have never seen a broken one.
        Do they brake? If so where? Under which conditions?

        Would appreciate your comments

        norbert
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol