Dnyamo fit ups

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Dnyamo fit ups
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:33:38 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
My dnyamo is a Rotax, DDS14 made 10/31.  This was supplied recently by Mike
Allison.  Its been refurbished.  The original dynamo was gutted adn used only
to drive the cam.  I presume a generator was mounted atop the valve cover and
belted to the crank pulley.  I've seen pictures of this arrangement.

Questions:
1. is the bottom gear a press fit?  That would be the only way to get my gear
onto this shaft.  I see that the gear has threaded holes for jacking it back
off.  Does anyone know the size of the key that goes here right off the top
of their heads?

2. The top of the shaft is not tapered on this machine.  The non tapered fork
that I have here looks like it will bottom out before much of the shaft
threads appear above it.   Is this why there is a deep and a shallow fork
listed in BW catalog?  Bob Rich, do you have the tapered fork that goes with
the verticle drive pinion shaft?

Cheers
Terry
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol