Fwd: serious virus

To: mash@pci-vb.com, len.bonnay54596173@sympatico.ca, jbrown@salisbury.net, tcoyne@fanshawec.on.ca, Karenf1202@aol.com, jeffgilbert@blast.net, CindyRoseG@aol.com, sandyandmike@fuse.net, Mahively@aol.com, mgs4dave@warwick.netmgs4dave@warwick.net, british.car@virgin.net, wendij99@yahoo.com, JAJIKT@aol.com, landrumdj@fuse.net, namgar.registrar@airmail.net, mgtom@bright.net, MGMetcalf@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net, nowlanc@mossmotors.com, debbie_perman@prodigy.net, vjr@fuse.net, hroldlbt@ix.netcom.com, bjmga@earthlink.net, DTserve@aol.com, LLTLPN@aol.com, leemar@att.net, irish128@columbus.rr.com, MGAJeff@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: serious virus
From: Jorolibb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:12:24 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
From: "Robb Nortier" <rnortier@iserv.net>
To: "Gordon Wright" <newlodge@katel.net.au>, "Musson, Carl"
  <musson@arts.usf.edu>, <MGT1724@cs.com>, "Mary LeQuire"
  <marylequire@hotmail.com>, "Mario Bonafede"
  <MarioBonafede@atceramics.com>, "Jenni Marcel" <Marcel.Jenni@win.ch>,
  "Leclerc, Lawrence" <LLeclerc@ndcourts.com>, "Kurt Lorenz"
  <klorenz@jps.net>, "Karen Wing" <KarenW@hermes.iserv.net>, "John
  Watson" <jrw4256@aol.com>, "Joann Meyer" <jrmeyer@remc8.k12.mi.us>,
  "Joseph Schartle \(MED, GEMS-IT\)" <Joseph.Schartle@med.ge.com>, "John
  Libbert" <Jorolibb@aol.com>, <jorjsullivan@msn.com>, "Jon Reinbold"
  <jonreinbold@home.com>, "Jonathan Porter"
  <Jonathan.Porter@netdecisions.co.uk>, "John H Twist"
  <johntwist@universitymotorsltd.com>, "Paramo"
  <john@paramotools.co.uk>, <JoeCurto@aol.com>, "JIMMY WELSH"
  <jnwelsh@juno.com>, "jansen/bancso" <jmh.bancso@chello.nl>
Subject: serious virus
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:32:59 -0500

Dear Friends and e-Mail Correspondents,

This is a serious e-mail.  I received an e-mail from a
work associate warning of a virus that was passed on
to him.  His PC was infected and since I was in his address
book it had probably been spread to my computer.  I
followed the instructions and located the virus.  By
following the instructions, I was able to delete the
virus.  The bad news is that you probably have it, as
you are in MY address book!  More bad news is that
my anti-virus program did not detect this virus.

This virus lies dormant for 14 days and then kills
your hard drive.  Here is what to do.  If you follow
the instructions and then see that you have the virus,
you need to send a similar e-mail to everyone in your
address book.

Remove the virus by following these steps:

1.  Go to "Start."  Then to "Find" or "Search"
(depending on your computer.)
2.  In the "Search for files or folders" type
sulfnbk.exe -- this is the name of the virus. OR sul*.exe
3.  In the "Look in" section, make sure you are
searching Drive C.
4.  Hit "Search" or "Find."
5.  If your search finds this file, it will be an ugly
blackish icon that will have the name sulfnbk.exe.
DO NOT OPEN IT!  If it does not show up on your
first "Search," try a "New Search."
6.  Right click on the file -- go down to "Delete" and
left click.
7.  You will be asked if you want to send the file to
the Recycling Bin--say "Yes."
8.  Go to your Desktop (where all your icons are) and
right click on the Recycle Bin and either manually delete
the sulfnbk.exe program or empty the entire bin.
9.  If you found the virus on your system, send this
or a similar e-mail to all in your address book
because this is how it is transferred.

Sorry for the trouble and my apologies for having unwittingly
"infected" you, should it have been passed on to you.
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol