PB Brake Drums

To: "MMM Mail List \(E-mail\)" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PB Brake Drums
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:55:28 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
While cleaning up the brake drums on my PB (Airline), I've noticed that
under the black paint there was a layer of chrome plating. It's most
noticeable on the ribs around the circumference, however there does seem to
be a layer of plating over the whole drum.

Can anyone tell me whether part (or all) this plating was left exposed on
the PB, or was this simply a rust protection measure under the black paint?
I've never seen any cars or photos with this chrome plating showing.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
PB0560