Re: Run Bonneville or not.

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: Run Bonneville or not.
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:58:48 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/2007 10:35:01 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,  Flowbench
writes:

A 20K, SB2.2 engine was only a starting point. Now it should  be  stroked out
to 371", the compression bumped to 14.5-1 and EFI  is a must. Now  with
traction control allowed, another 5-7K will  need to be expended to stay
remotely
competitive, especially for a  rookie like me that thinks the throttle  only
has
two  settings.

Didn't see all this on Markley's tank but  hey what do I know....

Hi Flow

With Markley's aero, although not optimized yet, he doesn't need all the HP
I do to push a less aero design like my car. It's absolutely amazing they go
that fast with what they claim, 650 "vintage" HP.

As we all know at speeds of 272 aero is everything no matter how much HP  you
are trying to push "junk" like mine, through the air with.

If and when Varney or anybody else steps up and beats Markleys record,  all
Markley has to do is step up a little in power, maybe with a killer Dahlgren
designed EFI setup to reclaim the record and leave the rest of us scrambling
again.

Or then again, maybe you're absolutely right! Screw expensive EFI and
stroked SB2.2 engines. I'm going old school to go faster.

Otto