Re: Tools, and a Question

To: b.a.savage@wildblue.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tools, and a Question
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 17:14:46 EDT
Gil Younger's son runs the business now, they are still a  pleasure to deal
with.  Their products still repair transmissions.   Some people I meet do not
believe in "shift kits" but would rather go with a  re-calibrated valve body.
I have nothing against a re-calibrated valve  body other than the cost and not
knowing what was done to it.   The  TransGo shift kits have been working fine
for me so I stick with  them.

    I run a Dodge Ram 2500 with the CTD and I  always worry about the auto
trans. knowing that a diesel can rip it to  shreds.  I installed a TransGo kit
when the truck had 8,000 miles on  it.  So far everything is working great.
Never have beat on the truck  as I know they are expensive to repair even for
myself.  I would really  like to try a tighter torque converter with less stall
speed.  Maybe  someday.

    One  more thing, why do I no longer see my own posts in the e mail of
land-speed?

    Thanks,   Tony  G