Re: DLRA...

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>,
Subject: Re: DLRA...
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:23:44 +1200
> So Chris... I have to be the 100th person to ask.... did you know Burt?

Gidday Keith,
Pleased to hear your coming 'down under'. You surely have to be the greatest
ambassador of our sport.
Haven't been across the ditch (note all these antipodean lines) to Gairdner.
Have a few mates who go over each year to support John Lynch who has the KB
powered tank that clicked their first 300+ last year. You'll definitely
enjoy the easy going friendly folk involved. The lakes isolation will get
your attention but the whole experience in the 'outback' you'll never forget
for sure.

No never met Burt, actually first heard about him from early 60's Hot Rod
mag. He was certainly my major motivation for having a crack also.
Have always meant to write his name as instigation on our car. The scene
from the WFI where he's marvelling at finally laying foot on the hallowed
ground of Bonneville is also my strongest racing memory. The movie has
really helped when we're regularly asked about what we do by people. Now we
say 'go see the movie, that's what we do'. Anyway, currently well up to date
with getting over for Speedweek 06. Flights, RV, trailer, Wendover etc all
booked. Just pulled the mill out of the roadster to dyno later next week.
We're about back to the point we were last year before I made the decision
not to go only this year we're a couple of months ahead.

So Keith, while in the land of Banana Benders, enjoy a cold tinnie or two
cobber (try the Castlemaine XXXX good stuff).

Chris H..........NZed.