Re: Ahhh the Milling machine.. LOL

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Ahhh the Milling machine.. LOL
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:58:45 -0500
On Sunday, February 19, 2006, at 11:34  AM, Dave Dahlgren wrote:

> I suggested I might like 3 phase nd they instaled a demand meter and
> still
> no 3 phase. Took a long time to get them to remove it.. Bad deal
> around here
> to mention you want 3 phase. At the end of the day the phase converter
> in CT
> is very cheap compared to the possibilities.
> dave

Ah, the luxury of living where we've got an R E A.  They sent a guy out
to see what I was doing -- how much demand, how many and what size
motors, etc, etc.  He shot the breeze with me for a while and went back
to the office to think.  I didn't think they'd want to put me on demand
billing -- the highest demand isn't all that high -- not nearly enough
that they'd have to run new service or anything near that.

REA's eventual response was that as long as I used about 700-1000
kwh/month for (I think it was) five years -- they'd install the extra
equipment at no charge.  It's been over ten years now -- no charges
ever did appear.  No demand billing, either.

I just looked at the bills for the past few months -- energy, fuel cost
adj., PSC, tax, title, and license:  Totals about 12-13 cents/kwh for
1100 - 1400 khw/month.

As always, YMMV.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing