Re: Way back when .... (NON LSR)

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Way back when .... (NON LSR)
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:02:31 EST
In a message dated 12/16/2005 2:52:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
albaugh_neil@ti.com writes:
Bob;

GM had an aluminum- block 215 CID V8 back in about '63. It was used by
Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac. Buick used their own cylinder head
design, as did Olds, but I don't know what Pontiac used for their heads;
Pontiac 215 V8s are not very common. The engine design was sold to Rover
in the UK.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ
I know it, Aluminum block, advertized weight 266 lbs. I think Olds compact
"Jetfire" had a water injected Supercharger deal on it, claimed 215 hp@ 215
inches. Or did I botch up that memory too ?
Bob, bet I was close,W