Re: Drill Doctor

To: "Doug Odom" <dlodom@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Drill Doctor
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:22:31 -0500
Doug I'm not wild about the way it cuts small bits... but it seems to work
perfectly on bigger ones....

My great grandfather was a master machinist and left me all his old hand
tools... which included hundreds of drill bits.... Many of them were
virtually stubs of thier former self's, but they were all very sharp...
seems the only thing he could really do in his later years was sharpen drill
bits....  In the course of using them I'd used up all that sharping and
could never really get the nack of sharpening one correctly... the drill
doctor kind of gave me a leg up on now that process works...

one of the things I've found with it is to be very particular about how the
bit is set in the holder.... and I usually check it a couple of times after
I tighten it up.

Keith