Re: Re: Interesting Car

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, "Dale H. Pulju"
Subject: Re: Re: Interesting Car
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:54:29 -0700 (PDT)
I had a couple of those motors when I lived in Oklahoma back in 1979.  I pulled
one from a fire truck, and the other from a dump truck.  Me and my friend who
owned a junk yard in Oklahoma City had dreams of building a super rod, but too
many pieces were missing and we could never get enough stuff to make one
complete motor.  If I remember right, they ran a single block, a single crank
shaft, but a two pice cam (essentially two v-6 cams end to end), and four v-6
heads.  I think the crank was a real weak spot.  Seems like they were only good
for about 3800 RPM or something like that. There still are some around in older
junk yards around Texas/Oklahoma.

DIck J in East Texas

Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com> wrote:
>> where do you find a 702 v-12 chev or gmc? what truck?
> dale
> dark and 65 in pahrump
In truck wrecking yard or Tx Ok or western Kansas---they were used by the
hundreds as irigtion engines---