Re: Interesting Car

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Car
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:11:22 -0700
How true. My dad was in the Philippines at the end of the war and had to stay
and extra 6 months. He was one of the officers supervising the disposal of
equipment. Washington didn't want anything returned to the US. American
business didn't want the stuff on the surplus market competing with civilian
products. The put new and used planes, tanks, trucks, jeeps, buildings,
ice cream machines -- everything on barges and took the stuff out to an
underwater canyon about 12,000 feet deep. The same thing was happening
all over the Pacific Theater of Operations.

Bryan