Museums, Insurance, etc

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Museums, Insurance, etc
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:51:26 EDT
From: protecting the Brain thread;....
"I have been following IRS rules and it seems a religion or other nonprofit
has quite a few tax advantages. Since i am a nonprofit already without the
IRS benefits I thought this might be a way to get them, until I got caught.
Or if i start the church of the single ground point and we are all waiting
for the coming of traction control it might work. To those of us that might
be more religious than myself this is all in fun and in no way to poke fun
at religion in general. Think the old show taxi with reverend Jim that was
one of the drivers sort of spoof "
Dave

On this IRS thing, anyone out there ever research the tax benefits of your
own personal nonprofit museum? I noticed a while ago the zillions of little
"Museums" around the country with like 11 cars in them that are hardly ever
open,
or at best "by Appt only ." I think half the guys on this list would qualify
as potential nonprofit collectors, fer sure. You are permitted to contact me
off-line on this one.....
And as for the Hot-Rod insurance thread, I just got tentative phone approval
from Hegerty for a 64 MB, 67 Firebird, and the 2000 Insight at agreed value
total of $110 K for $1592, subject to underwriters final approval. No racing
coverage, naturally, but no big deal on mileage either.
Bob, future Curator ?, W