RE: Protecting the brain

To: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>, "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: Protecting the brain
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 06:34:06 -0400
There are plenty of people here that are smarter than me but what I know I
learned a lot by troubleshooting systems that did not work right.
All the sensors for a given system go to the return signal pin for all the
sensors for that system EFI , data acg whatever. The ground wire for that
system goes to the common grounding point in the car with a heavy gauge
wire. The fuel pump is generally in the back and the battery is usually
there also so I ground the fuel pump at the battery. Things that break the
rule are noisy CD ignition systems sometimes I end having to ground all the
electronics at the battery running a separate heavy wire for them and the
ground the CD at the engine or central grounding point.. MSD 7 among others
can cause some problems with noise that can be hard to solve.
Dave