RE: Protecting the brain

To: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>, "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Protecting the brain
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:42:18 -0500
Aron;

Any electronic components are affected by heat. Keeping them cool
enhances their performance and reliability.
Our (TI) integrated circuits are rated over different temperature
ranges: 0 to +70C, -40 to +85C, and -55 to +125C. Not all devices are
available over these three temperature ranges, either. Naturally, the
widest temp range devices are the most expensive. Keeping the circuit
away from heat sources is a VERY good idea.

Electrical interference is becoming more of a problem these days;
everyone has a cell phone and the number of RF wireless devices is
increasing all the time. This stuff, like ignition interference, gets
into circuits that are not shielded or filtered properly. Cheap stuff
usually cuts corners to keep the price low but in a severe environment
they croak like a pond full of toads. High-dollar stuff is usually
better but if the designer wasn't aware of how to deal with RFI/EMI
interference problems, its performance can be compromised, too.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ