Protecting the brain

To: "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Protecting the brain
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:52:27 -0400
With one of my motorcycle projects, the ignition controller was factory mounted
way back under the
pillion seat. With my daily beater, the ignition controller is right against
the back of the tail
light. These seem to be very minimal timing controllers, there's no TPS or
vacuum sensor, basically
they just seem to be an electronic version of a pure mechanical advance
mechanism.

So, my question is, are they particularly sensitive to heat or electrical
interference? As the
answer to "why they are mounted so far back in the chassis?"

The real reason is I'd like to mount it right against the battery box, directly
behind the air
filters, but don't want any problems with that either.

TIA,
-Aron-