Re: Goldenrod

To: "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Goldenrod
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:16:18 -0700
James, this was what I was going to get at. Beat me to it. But in the Hot
Rod article the mention that the tires were smaller in diameter than the
normal LSR tires because of the car's overall height. 29 inches is bigger
that the big goodyear ones. If the tranny was 1.19:1 in the gear that set
the record, then the ring and pinion needed to be ? in conjunction with I
just learned a planetary overdrive unit at each wheel. So what were all the
various gears? The Planetary OD =? The ring and Pinion =?, Tire Diameter = ?
The we can figure how tight those hemis were wound.

mayf, out in Pahrump