RE: streamliner crash

To: "Jawno" <wanderin@charter.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: streamliner crash
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:18:23 -0500
List;

I wonder if the streamliner "crash" that was referred to involved the
Williams motorcycle streamliner?

When I last saw them in their pit area Bob Williams, Gary Hensley, and
their crew were working on their air cylinder system that deployed two
small stabilizing "legs" out from the body at low speeds to prevent the
'liner from falling over sideways. Their new cylinders were apparently
not powerful enough to deploy the legs properly and the 'liner simply
toppled over sideways as it came to a stop.

No damage was done but the emergency crew quickly responded to the
"crash" as they did not know if there was anything seriously wrong.

BTW, thanks to Bob & Gary for giving me one of their reservations at the
Rainbow so I didn't have to sleep in my cat in the parking lot!

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ