Chet Herbert's Streamliner

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Chet Herbert's Streamliner
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:05:45 EDT
Did I miss this, or is it new news ?...Bob W

>From the Parts Peddler:
Bonneville LandSpeed Car Being Built. World  famous Chet Herbert is at it
again! Hebs working on a unique Streamliner for the  Bonneville Salt Flats
and I
mean unique! Our Parts Peddler spy is trying to get  some photographs of this
unusual high speed vehicle. From what webve seen, it  has a 200b wheel
base.
2 front steerable wheels, then 3 drive wheels and a fifth  rear steerable
wheel at the back of the car. (And General Motors thinks they  have something
unique with steerable rear wheels on their pickup trucks?) Wait  until they
see
this 400mph rear steer creation. I think it steers like a  forklift truck,
opposite direction. Now I know why planned test driver, Rick  White, of San
Diego,
CA, has been working in the warehouse driving his forklift  all winter!
Practice makes perfect! We also understand the vehicle has 2 upright  airplane
type
rear steer rutters. Wow! Herbert has built a one-of-a -kind  630c.i. Chrysler,
his own creation of fuel injection. A Special 5 Disc, Top Fuel  Dragster,
Crower glide clutch will be used to get the car under way. Hopefully  Herbert
will have the machine finished in time for the annual Bonneville Speed  Week
being held August 16-22, 2003.