RE: Alternator Pulley

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Alternator Pulley
From: "rgribble" <gribbler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:11:22 -0500
Dick,
If you had a performance curve for the alternator you could figure out
what output you wanted and then what corresponding RPM you would need. I
have some alternators that have performance output vs. RPM info but not
all provide that info.

As you probably know NASCAR runs a oil pump from that pinion pulley
which is about 3 inches in diameter. Since you'll most likely be in a 1
to 1 ratio in high gear, I'd guess you'd want an alternator pulley about
twice the size of the pinion pulley.
Grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"