Re: DLRA

To: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DLRA
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:10:28 -0500
On Monday, February 2, 2004, at 01:47 AM, gary baker wrote:

> G'day to all
> For those suffering cabin fever / withdrawal from LSR we down under
> are fast approaching our speed week ,for those interested we are
> geting bigger each year and now have NEW  reasonable facilities
> completed "way out in the bush" showers ,toilets , cooking facilities
> ,single room accomodation , power /light a regular if a little rough
> home away from home , I have my ride ready except for a dyno session
> on the 21st running  1350 MPS/F  this year so Im hoping to beat our
> friend john W way up north  I will also be scruteenering  ( tech)
> again this year for the bikes ,we will also have one of our national
> TV stations  filming for a new series and I was approached by our
> superbike mag who will also be attending and will do an interview with
> me ( beauty mate ) as this may open some doors to sponership .
> this will be our biggest year yet withh new cars and bikes attending
> many new entries and I believe the Buell /HD boys from the states will
> be over here as well ,along with the British MG station wagon  who are
> hoping to beat there bonnie record ( better salt nudge ,nudge ,wink
> wink say no more  lol)
> Gary  counting down to march 8

Well, my friend, here's what you're going to need to do if you want to
"beat" me.  First of all, misprogram the F.I. so that when you're at
speed and hit the N2O button things go WAY lean.  That'll get you a
real nice set of paperweights for the house, and the puffs of smoke
that emanate from your scooter will give you a chance to learn
first-hand how quick the course stewards and safety workers respond to
a "situation".

Then learn some way to drain the oil from the bottom end when you're at
something like 12k rpm.  That'll fill your crankcase with really
cool-looking shrapnel, and the oil fog that'll envelop you will offer
some great photo opportunities to those folks standing by at the side
of the course.  Jon Amo described the view as a "free, well maybe not
so free, wind-tunnel test of the aero of your bike."

Still wanna "beat" me?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan