Re: World Highway Land Speed Record

To: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: World Highway Land Speed Record
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:46:30 -0700
Yeah Wes, I was one of those fools heading towards that idiot
fisherman and son at 175 mph.... Hmmmmmm....Maybe I was the
idiot...

Anyway, this is a seperate group from the Silver State
Promoters. This race got off to a shaky start 4 years ago when
the Unlimited Class drivers decided to boycott it.... Seems
they don't like the fact that it is open range up there with
all kinds of animals running across the road. I tried to play
peacemaker and suggested solving the problem by giving each
Course Worker a hunting license and a 30.06. The Navigator
would be allowed any caliber up to 460 Weatherby Magnum.
Can't understand why that idea went down in flames ;-) But
seriously folks, once I came around the corner at the summit
and there were 3 Mustangs (no Keith, not the cars) grazing
right off the road. Once I almost hit a deer, and last year I
almost hit a dead deer (don't know if a courseworker or a
navigator bagged him). Any way, this is a DANGEROUS place to
hold an Open Road Race (in my opinion) and they can have a
ball without me.
Ed