Re: Towing vehicles?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing vehicles?
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:11:09 -0500
At 04:09 PM 11/20/03 -0800, you wrote:
> [...]

  after driving a motorhome for 14 years (and towing trailers for about 15
years before that,  here is the way I would prefer to get there..

http://home.att.net/~john.szalay/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-522526.html

 seriously,  a motorhome is only worthwhile, IF you live close to the racetrack.
the expense of maintaining it and driving to the course from a great distance
in a limited amount of time does not outweigh the convenience.
since we lost our RV to fire on the way to the salt last year, we have found
that we can make much better time and much cheaper. without it.

and towing with a truck is MUCH easier than towing with a motorhome,
even with wind sway..
and a motorhome with enough power to pull KT's trailer at speed, would be
too expensive and subject to wind force, to be worth while..
been there & done that.
Brother-in-law has a large MH and  tows a trailer, and when passed by trucks
he sometimes changes lanes without touching the wheel. has to fight it every
time.

      my .02