Motorhome or Trailer.

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motorhome or Trailer.
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:12:58 -0800
List

If I was going to race the lakes or on the salt I think I would go with a
goose neck trailer with the camper comforts up front and the garage in the
rear. There are many doing it this way and they still have a vehicle to go to
town etc. A motorhome is expensive anyway you look at it. At least a trailer
with a pick up gives you the transportation in case you have to go to Salt
Lake for parts etc. You still have a place in a toy hauler type trailer to
eat, rest & clean up. I realize not all camper / trailer combinations are long
enough for all race cars. At least this is a good option.

We had motorhomes for over 20 years and I was a diehard believer until we
bought a 5th wheel trailer. A lot less work and for sure opeating expense. The
truck gives us the freedom to park and still get around. It works for racing
and travel camping. I'm sure this will be kicked around with pros & cons of
each. As I stated on the answer in the other letters you can't stay on the
salt at night and towing or driving to town each day in a motorhome in
Wendover can be a real pain.
Glen