Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:53:02 -0700
Keith,

I believe you are mistaken about the early days. It is my understanding
that the club was started in 1953 with five members, which were already
200 MPH record holders. To my knowledge, from the beginning, it was
necessary to break an established record (which my not have been over
the 200 MPH threshold) establishing a new one in excess of 200 MPH.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC