Re: waiting in line

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: waiting in line
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:32:44 -0600
>>>Here's the deal.... I'm the only one who gets to pick how I feel about
>>>it...
>>>if I don't like it... and can't change it.... the wait is always going to
>>>seem ten times longer....   If I turn it around and look at it as an
>>>opportunity to make new friends... hang out with old ones....  I can
>>>enjoy
>>>it all the more....

>>>Life is just like that...  I can only pick my attitude...

>>>Keith

Spoken truly like a zen master.
Last year at Finals the lines were very long (up to 6 hours). Plenty of time
to socialize, nap, and whatever else you may want to do. I don't believe
finding something to do is the issue. I think getting through the lines to
get as many runs in as possible is the concern. At WOS this year that was
not a problem. It was an extremely well run event. The lines were short and
the few delays were relatively short. I appreciate when they stop things to
ensure the safety of the track. I would rather they take the time to find a
foriegn object then me finding it at 180 mph. I believe running two courses
at finals would help lag time but also requires more resources.
After 25+ years with the military I am use to hurry up and wait.

Jim :=)