waiting in line

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: waiting in line
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:48:10 -0700
Ok how about this,

Run like rounds at the drags. Special Construction, Vintage, Vintage Coupes,
etc run in order.
As each category is near completion call the next up. Remember that the pits
are two miles from the starting line and your "Magic Pass" 15 minute window
could be used up before you arrive at staging. You turn around to return and
wait for the next call. Get to the pits and its time to head back to the
starting line.

Some suggested a 5 minute time allotment per run. Some vehicles in the slower
speed ranges, NT4, would expend that time before the 2 mile clock and be given
no time.

People don't follow instructions very well up there. It's like hearding cats.
If you tell them please do not leave the pits until record runs are complete
there will be 2-4 each morning that will have to be chased down and told to
return.

Personally, I would rather go to staging when I want. Staying in the pits to
fiddle or visit is not what I go for. Enforcing strict polices for running
your race car by adding more people is not an answer that I can see. We go for
fun not police tactics.

I'm sure that a well thought out plan for changing the current situation would
be considered. Adding a third course has been kicked around for a couple of
years without a workable plan being devised.
Letting cars do shake down runs in separtate area adds more policemen and
insurance liabilites.

Work out a plan, lets hear it. The two couser system and big top inspection
came from discussions like this.

DW