the last I promise

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: the last I promise
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:34:57 -0500
The last part of this that I really wanted to share is the joy of
accomplishing something I set out to do is tempered... and I don't think I
understood this until I actually achieved the goal....

As I sat there getting my paper work from Dan.... I saw Many of my friends
hanging out enjoying the sheer pleasure of the accomplishment.... then I went
down and hung out with Klem Roberts and his Diesel truck that had just shucked
another motor.... and Grib who was having some teething woe's....with his hot
rod... and it occurred to me that I really needed to share how it feels when
someone else gets their record and Red hat ( maybe it's just the record... not
everyone is shooting for a hat ) and your sitting there still trying.... it's
kinda weird and I'm not sure how to say it so I'll just do it like I would in
person... I guess it's just simple jealousy.... I've wanted this so bad for
myself... that I was always jealous when someone else accomplished it... and
when I finally got my turn.... All I could think of was how to better share
the whole thing....  how to make everyone else feel the same joy I was feeling
and how Not to rub in how great this year really was at Speedweek...

The best way in the world to say this is to quote Ed Van Scoy.... I guess I
finally "got lucky" and everything worked the way it was supposed to when we
planned it...

Ed I think I finally understand your statement...

Thank you all for sharing in the joy... its been my distinct pleasure to
provide the show in Act 1.... now for Act 2...