speedweek

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedweek
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:11:46 -0700
Wow, what a week. We lucked out with the weather again with only a couple of
short periods of down time. The turn out was a record high and with a 139
records it was a banner week. Those that got records and two club hats have
earned them the hard way. A third lady in the 300 chapter and a 4th real close
just shows the sport is alive and well and each year bringing in new people.
Several 3rd generations in there as well. As hard as I tried to get around and
meet people on the list and at the bend in the road I missed several of you.

Those I finally met were worth the wait. Once the meet starts I am stuck in
the box until each day is over. Still I try to pass through the pits and
impound to say hi. This week was so busy I didn't always get to. To each of
you that achieved your goals congrats, you earned it. Even Keith.

I heard his head has swollen so much the elastic hat band has reached the
limit and is now causing so much pressure on him his tongue is now sticking
out like a zipper pull and he has to put #45 sun screen on it to keep it from
blistering. Maybe thats why he sounded funny when he called this morning. Hick
talk with a swollen tongue trying to smoke and drink diet coke, go figure,
thats KT.

While he was in SLC getting a hub fixed I kidnapped Tonya and gave her the
grand tour of Bonneville city. I really enjoyed taking her around and meeting
people that she had heard about. I also  told her I understood why Keith was
gaga over her but didn't under stand what she saw in him.
Just kidding of course. She is a neat lady and I wish her well in our sport.

>From the best seat in the house, thanks for the great show and safe meet. It
was a pleasure to time all of you and to know when you qualified and backed up
the record. I think theres another race with the number of family members in
the two club, Bryants, Nish, Volks,Lindsleys, carters all having a lot of the
family in the clubs, go for it.

There will be a lot of talk about the meet and on the Tuesday chat. Looking
forward to it.

Glen