Re: record listing

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: record listing
From: "dahmurf" <dahmurf@dahmurf.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:50:18 -0500
 This is part of what I'm working on for the ECTA. I'm attaching registration
information to each run/record per vehicle. It's all in a database but is
dependent on how completely each team fills out their registration. I hope in
the future to attach the database to the web site to allow interested parties
to "query" the data in any way they desire. I would never recommend a printed
copy as the data changes too often. Plus there are so many different ways to
want to look at the data that a database is the only thing that makes sense.
 We also have the issue of acquiring past vehicle information. Luckily the
ECTA isn't so old so I can still reference real people for data (& John may
still have a lot of this paper laying around!).
 I already have it in my plan to spy on the timing goings on & timing program
during this event to do some R&D for my database project. We already have a
timing program we use, I'm just working on the back end of things.
 Mayf - Talk with me in Bonnie & I'll show you what I'm doing (I'll have my
laptop in tow - I'm such a nerd!). Maybe we can put a few heads together,
share some knowledge & get you started.
Murf