RE: Blizzard of 1978 (non lsr)

To: "'Thomas E. Bryant'" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Blizzard of 1978 (non lsr)
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:04:28 -0700
Hi Thomas,

Too bad you weren't able to  get through on Highway 60.  That is a really
beautiful trip from Socorro into the Phoenix area.  The highway passes
through the Salt River Canyon (called the "mini Grand Canyon" by locals) and
you drive down one side and up the other.  A really GREAT motorcycle trip!

Dale C.

                We arrived in Socorro NM about day break the next day and
stopped at a
                restaurant for breakfast. They told us that we were the only
car through
                on Hwy 60 that night. The snow wasn't that heavy, but it was
difficult
                to tell if you were on a highway or a country road most of
the time.
                They also told us the that about twenty miles west on Hwy 60
the road
                was blocked. Well, we had received warnings before that I
thought had
                been overstated, so we continued on. This time we should
have heeded the
                warning.

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..