Blizzard of 1978 (non lsr)

To: Dan <dwarner@electrorent.com>, land speed
Subject: Blizzard of 1978 (non lsr)
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:00:13 -0800 (PST)
I remember that storm well.  I was a police chief in Oklahoma at the time.  The
only thing we had moving on the streets was a national guard duece and a half
and a road department grader.  A lady had a baby in the cab of that grader
because they couldn't get up the hill to the hospital.  When the snows started
to melt a few days later, a nearby town found several cars that had been buried
out on a perimeter road.  Their occupants had all perished.
Dick J In East Texas

Dan <dwarner@electrorent.com> wrote:February 6, New England was brought to a
standstill in the
infamous Blizzard Of ' 78, which actually saw tens of thousands of vehicles
left stranded on I 95 throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island, and probably
other states .
Bruce,

My wife, Joanie, was stuck in a bowling alley for two days during this storm.
This was near Boston. She made the decision to go somewhere else after that
ordeal. Came to CA for a training session in Sep. 78 and never left - except
to visit. A lot of research into the current weather precedes each visit to
her family.

Dan Warner