Re: Small diameter front tires

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Small diameter front tires
From: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:23:40 -0500
" F1 team tried a 6-wheel setup with two "roller-skate sized" front wheels
on each side. It didn't work, either! "

Actually Tyrell type 34 did use quite successfully 4 front wheels.  It was
the last year of the bias ply tire in F1 and the following year the new
technology was superior.  It did work though and the Terell's finished quite
well for an untested brand new design.
The Terell did inspire the front end of my lakester.  No radiator, no front
brakes, no nothin...
Time will tell if they are any good on the salt.  If not, we can always
change and then we have lots of tires for the M/C guy (Jim).....   :-d

Rick