Classic Category

To: "Landspeed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic Category
From: "Ken Smith" <ksmith6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:51:45 -0600
Let me preface this by saying I don't have a car that relates to this
category. I have friends that do, and these were a few questions that came to
mind as we looked at it:

1.  When the records were moved from the regular modified and production
categories to the Classic, what criteria was used?  Just the year of the car
that set the record?  Were the owners asked, or were they automatically moved
to "Classic"?

2.  Was is determined weather or not those records were set with the aid of
electronics since they were legal at the time they were set? (correct me if
I'm wrong)

3.  Since the vintage engines aren't allowed in this class, do the cars that
had XO and XF engines from the factory run in the cubic inch AA-E classes?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

Ken Smith
#626/GMR