RE: Maxton

To: "'Joe Amo'" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>,
Subject: RE: Maxton
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:48:01 -0700
Man, those guys are really running the numbers.  Low altitude/temperature
and having traction really does help.

Dale C.

                Two lesser records I heard about that you might have missed
from 2001:

                on the salt

                Both UNBLOWN, STREET LICENSED/ridden
                1350 MPS-G   220+mph record
                1000  MPS-F   223+mph record

                Stephen F. Doherty wrote:

                >As best as I can piece together from the SCTA website,
combining the
                >results up through 2000 with the 2001 results, here are
some numbers
                >for motorcycles at Bonneville.  For both partial and
unstreamlined,
                >I have two pairs, fuel and gas, blown and un-blown.
                >
                >Partial Streamlined
                >
                >3000 APS-PBF Jon Minono                      Triumph  2001
238.740
                >3000 APS-F   D Campos                        H/D      1974
231.597

                >1350 APS-BG  Stevens Motorsports-Charlie Toy Kawasaki 1997
227.772
                >3000 APS-G   D Campos                        H/D      1974
208.450

                >No Streamlining
                >
                >1350 A-BF    Les Ranger                      Honda    1991
219.339
                >2000 M-F     Dave Matson                     Vincent  1988
210.357

                >750  A-BG    Scott Guthrie                   Yamaha   1990
176.207
                >3000 A-G     Tom Elrod                       Kawasaki 1979
200.022

                >Not sure how to classify the Production frame class, since
bikes
                >today are sold with fairings, so here is another record to
note.

                >1350 P-P     R Yacoucci                      Suzuki   1999
201.708

                >Interestingly, I couldn't find a big displacement,
unstreamlined,
                >blown gas record.
                >
                >If you are interested, you may download an Excel
spreadsheet I created
                >from the SCTA website data (sorry, motorcycles only), at
                >

>http://home.pacbell.net/compserv/BonnevilleMotorcycleRecords.xls
                >
                >No guarantee for accuracy!
                >
                >SFD

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..