RE: Reynolds Numbers

To: "'Waldron, James'" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Reynolds Numbers
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:33:17 -0700
Hi James,

That type of software would require some pretty complex surface modeling,
are you up for that?  Modeling other than simple shapes gets complex fast.
Also most aerodynamic software is aviation oriented and does not deal with
the ground plane.

Interesting project though ...
Dale

I am still searching for is a computer program (all my previous work was all
pre IBM-360 days) where I can put in the 3 dimensional body design, and let
the computer do all that daunting math, and tell me the Reynolds numbers and
air resistance.  Then, of course, I'd like to be able to change the shape of
the body on the fly and see what effect various changes had, and see what
could be done to minimize the drag.

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..