Re: Another odd question...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another odd question...
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 02:16:05 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/2001 10:47:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
drmayf@teknett.com writes:

> When I went to El Mirage on the 16th, did I see and hear correctly that one
> of the club members was running an XF motor in a Pinto? And that he was
> points leader or close to it?
>
> Well, this put me to thinking, and that can sometimes be dangerous....here
> is the question: What classes are the XF motors acceptable in? All classes?

Mayf,
       The vintage engines are allowed in a number of classes as per the SCTA
rulebook. In Production class the engine and body must be of the same era. In
others such as Gas Coupe, Roadster, etc. it's the same as running a SBC in a
Ford or MoPar chassis.
       Maybe DW can answer the question of why vintage engines are NOT
allowed in some classes.........................Ardun Doug

///