return runs

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: return runs
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:13:22 -0700
What if the return runs were scheduled at 5:00 PM or so
depending on how many cars and then just put them in impound so they can be
teched the next day and we all can leave at a normal time?
***************
We have at times experimented with same day return runs. The original problem
was with the timing but, I think that has been resolved. At the World Finals
in '99 we also experimented with return runs at any time the entrant was
ready.

Same day return runs maybe implemented at Speedweek. It all depends on the
number of qualifiers in impound, the number of qualifiers left in staging and
of course the weather. The logistics can be worked out. We must also consider
fairness be given to all entrants in order that they have every opportunity to
qualify for a record.

Dan Warner

///