Fwd from Mary Ann

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd from Mary Ann
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:54:56 EDT
:
Subj:   Maxton Meet --- Comments from Black Radon Engineering's MOM
Date:   6/24/01 11:53:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time
From:   FMamatroll
To:     land-speed@autox.team.net

Hi Keith ....
      Your name is a household word around here, maybe more so than anyone
else on the list. Every time we have a Diet Coke around here, it's called a
"Keith Brew". I just wanted to comment on your letter to the list about my
"kitchen passes".  I have spent over 36 years going from drag strips, ( I met
Pop Rascal at Connecticut Dragway in 1962, back when he and many of his pals
were dragging ) to oval tracks, to speed shops, body shops, welding shops,
etc, and endless hot rod, custom car, and vintage car shows .  After his
family, cars are Bruce's life !  He can remember the smallest detail about
cars from the 1950's. He eats, sleeps and breathes cars, as many on the list
probably do  Our two sons, Douglas and Darrell, are just the same.  Football
and baseball games were not at the top of their lists. My Bruce has been told
by ME,  "Go to Maxton".  I will see that he tries to get there next month
with his, and Darrell's, auto shop teacher buddy, Jim.  I have been insisting
that he go down there for quite a few months now.  Now, if I poke him at this
end, and you poke him on the computer end,  maybe, just maybe, we can get him
to go down there in July !  You will have to do your part .... I am leaving
for California this coming week to visit Darrell for a few days, and he will
give me the first class tour of San Francisco, where he works,and the whole
Bay area . Darrell informed me last week that one of the first events I will
be attending will be at a barbeque party at Sears Point Raceway, put on by
his friends who will be running some sort of fuel dragster there, and this
will be the first time that I have been to any kind of racing event WITHOUT
Bruce since the early 60's !  Darrell already has several parties scheduled
at his house, as he has told his friends that his Mom is visiting, and they
already know that my hobby and interest is cooking and baking !   The past
two days have found me preparing 18 pounds of beef into the beef jerky that
Darrell and his friends fight over !        Now, its up to you, Keith .... I
already know Bruce has been talking
about this trip to Maxton for two years now .....    Mary Ann

///