Re: Torque Converter Slippage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Torque Converter Slippage
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 00:32:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/2001 9:19:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
popms@thegrid.net writes:

>     Doug, That is one reason both of my trucks have turbo 400's in them.
> Also I have changed over several of my friends trucks from the 700r4 to
> the TH 400.

Doug,
       Have you had experience with the Turbo-350 as a race transmission? We
had our C-4 reworked by John Kilgore Transmissions in the LA area (SCTA
Rulebook advertiser) to improve the ratios.
       The local tranny guy who does my assembly and maintenance feels that
we are about at the limit of what the C-4 will take. Our dragster tranny
(stock 2.46/1.46 ratios) was pretty well "terrorized" after 4 test passes
behind the blown Ardun. The LSR C-4 now has ratios of 2.0 & 1.33 which should
help the Ardun stay "up-in-the-cam-RPM-range", especially when we go back to
NA gas in a year or two. It's a hybrid setup, so my instructions to Son Brian
are to "lift" a little when he shifts.
       Anyway, Kilgore told me that he saw an ad for somebody in the Midwest
or East that was making an adapter to bolt a Turbo-350 behind the C-4 front
housing. The theory evidently is that there are more aftermarket parts and
alternative ratios for the Turbo-350 than there are for the C-4. Anybody know
anything about the adapter?

Ardun Doug king

///