Re: FW: Torque Converter Slippage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Torque Converter Slippage
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 14:10:44 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/2001 10:28:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jonw@up.net
writes:

> remember when I used to sell cars at the Ford garage that the transmission
> cooler was shunted out of the circuit in lockup overdrive.  Pull something
> heavy and cook your tranny was the simple result, and that's I'd usually
> tell the prospect to buy a C-6 rather than the AOD if he was hoping to

             My tow vehicle, since I bought it new in 1990, is a 460 powered
Ford F-350 equipped with a AOD tranny. My trailer and race car weigh 7000
lbs. and there is a 4000 lb self contained 11.5 ft. camper on the pickup.
       I get the tranny serviced every 30,000 miles and use the cruise
control whenever I can, shifting out of overdrive anytime the engine lugs at
all.
       Presently the rig has 85,000 miles on it and is operating normally. My
tranny guy tells me that the Ford AOD is a weak point, thus the careful
treatment.
       The 460 is starting to use a little oil and the rear main is leaking.
Looks like the tranny won't be the first thing to give me
trouble..............Ardun Doug King

///