Re: Maxton Weekend

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton Weekend
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:01:05 -0400
Ok now that Turk is through tooting his own horn again I have posted some
pictures for everyone else to enjoy. Just check out the Maxton section of
www.landracing.com. Yes the weekend was a semi light turnout but still a few
interesting vehicles there. Not necessarily in any order but there was a
beautiful 1950's Buick Straight Eight Roadmaster, a turbocharged V12 Jag
powered coupe, an ex Formula 440 road racer powered by a 3 cylinder Rotax
motor. It was a beautiful weekend breeze was constantly blowing from one
direction or the other but never from the right way. Several others had
troubles this weekend as well. Benny Money had a rod ventilate the side of
the block for him. There was a nice yellow V4/GR roadster powered by a B
model motor with a billet head show up in the last hours of track time They
managed to unload and make 2 passes. On their last pass they evidently
kicked out a rod as they was a large dent on the side of the hood and oil
dripping from underneath. Sorry didn't managed to get the guys names or any
pics of the motor. Oh and I will leave it up to the list to rag Chuck Roffus
about  his Stove Pipe air snorkel on the USS Wankel.

Bill

///