6 wheel, 2 cylinder lakester

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 6 wheel, 2 cylinder lakester
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
I can't remember who was asking about the six
wheel lakester in a Popular Hot Rodding Magazine
issue, but I dug it up last night.  It is in the
March 1998 issue.  To help with searching through
your "personal files", the cover is basically
white featuring a red and chrome supercharged
Mopar small block. The feature story shown on the
cover right under the banner is "Mopar Muscle".

The car featured is John Bjorkman's blown fuel
lakester.  He built the motor by sawing off the
front and back ends of a KB hemi and welding them
together.  The crank was made using the middle
throws and welding the snout back on.  Heads were
fabricated somewhat the same way. He uses a two
speed Lenco and a four-wide roller chain to
transfer drive to the rear wheels.

If whoever wanted that article can't find the
magazine, let me know and I'll run off a copy of
the article for you.

Dick J
in East Texas
http://auctions.yahoo.com/