Re: Celebrity ride's

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Celebrity ride's
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:13:50 -0700
I guess it is brain fade raising its ugly head again. I don't recall
Andy & Corvairs at all. I was there, but in those days, I was heavily
involved in working at the meets and trying to run a roadster. Didn't
get around to see what else was going on. It was '62 that I became aware
of Andy and his cars. That started with the Chrysler "300".

The Corvairs I remember was Tom Kesobabian (sp?) (turbo charged at
around 150MPH @ Bonneville),  and another that ran at the 1/2 mile drags
and shut down Corvettes, don't remember his name. Both were Corvair
engine  powered and great performers.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

Ed Van Scoy wrote:

> Bill Ward also "played" with a SBC powered Corvair on the salt.
> Ed
>

> Wester S Potter wrote:
>
>> Tom,
>> He ran them for at least two years ... had to be early on in the life of the
>> Corvair because they were the original body style.  Some rude comments about
>> how hard it was for him to squeeze his rather large body into that drivers
>> compartment with the roll cage in place.  Don West was running a Corvair
>> body at the time with a supercharged Chrysler Hemi in what would have been
>> the front seat of the four door sedan.  It was easier for us to get at the
>> Chrysler for maintenance between runs than for Andy to get at the Corvair
>> engine with all his addd-ons.
>> Wes

///